One of the newest and most innovative types of blinds that are currently offered as window treatments are the honeycomb pattern. So, being a new addition to the window coverings, there’s always this one question that appears in mind i.e., what are honeycomb blinds?
To simply put it in words, Honeycomb blinds, also known as cellular shades or honeycomb shades, are a sleek design choice for choosing the right window treatments for your home because of their honeycomb-shaped airy layers that fold in an accordion-like fashion when pulled up. These cellular shades were created to offer better temperature control regardless of the season or climate and feature maximum energy efficiency. As a result, honeycomb blinds are a wonderful option for covering windows in both residential and commercial buildings, as well as in many kinds of windows, including skylights and windows with unusual shapes. Aside from their stylish appearance, they also provide a myriad of additional features for your home. Some of the key features are as follows:
High-quality fabric honeycomb blinds constructed of premium materials are not only durable but also fade-resistant. Honeycomb blinds for windows are the best covering if you want a modern, polished appearance that will last.
Did you know that windows can account for up to 30% of your home’s energy loss? While energy-efficient windows can significantly reduce your annual energy bills, they are also an expensive home improvement. Honeycomb blinds energy efficiency is an inexpensive alternative that can also lower your energy bills because they are designed to improve insulation around your window. Honeycomb blinds are among the most advanced designs for lowering heating and cooling costs in your home
Sound and Light efficiency:
Double Honeycomb blinds are excellent window covering options for sound control due to their design. A room’s acoustics can be enhanced, and outside noise can be better blocked. In other words, double honeycomb blinds can help create a much more tranquil and soothing home or office environment.
These window coverings are fantastic for better light control in addition to sound reduction. Honeycomb blinds blackout can absorb and deflect incoming light depending on the fabric and color you select; therefore, many homeowners explicitly pick honeycomb blinds for bedrooms or other spaces where privacy and light control are important.
Electric honeycomb blinds are an attractive addition to your home or workplace because of their design, and as they come in a variety of materials and colors, they are a versatile choice that can blend in with the decor of any room. Cordless Honeycomb blinds are a lovely addition to your windows because of their rich textures, colors, and patterns.
Why honeycomb blinds are perfect for all seasons?
Of all window treatments, honeycomb blinds are thought to have the greatest R-rating (a measurement of how efficiently a substance minimizes the loss or gain of energy).
The “R” grade for shades or blinds stands for resistance: Window coverings, like other items meant to insulate against heat and cold, are evaluated based on how well they withstand the rigors of extreme heat or cold. The greater the R-value, the stronger the heat and cold insulation.
And, whereas most window coverings are R-0 to R-3, honeycomb blinds greatly transcend that threshold. They provide some of the most effective window insulation available, with R-values ranging from 3.5 to 3.7.
Some facts and figures:
- In Dubai during summers, an estimated 86% of sunlight entering the home through ordinary double-pane windows is converted to heat. If window coverings remain in the same position throughout the day rather than being moved to block out light when the sun is at its brightest, extra heat might enter, causing more harm than good.
- According to research, up to 30% of heating energy is lost via windows throughout the winter. Again, winter sunlight cannot stream in to give additional warmth if window curtains remain unchanged during the day.
Honeycomb blinds pros and cons:
- Honeycomb blinds offer remarkable energy efficiency in addition to being very adaptable and available in a variety of styles providing customizable decorative options. To increase their functionality, they may also be quickly added to an existing home automation system.
- Choose from single-cell or double-cell designs in a variety of cell sizes. There is also a range of colors, materials, and patterns to choose from.
- There are four light-filtering choices with varying degrees of opaqueness: sheer, semi-sheer, semi-opaque, and blackout. This lets you adjust how much sunlight enters your home at any time of day or year.
- Cordless Honeycomb blindsinclude a Lock System, which removes unattractive and possibly hazardous cords (a particular hazard around young children). You only need to push or pull a lever to the proper height to activate the blind.
- Motorizing cellular shades is quite simple. This makes it possible for you to open and close them using a phone, tablet, remote control, wall switch, or other home automation gadget.
So here comes a question, why do honeycomb blinds insulate so well? The answer is pretty simple:
- The key is in the design, notably the blind’s unusual honeycomb-shaped compartments. Each blind is made up of a sequence of foldable, air-filled structures known as open cells, which keep the internal temperature controlled (and because of this cellular structure, they are also frequently referred to as cellular blinds or shades).
- As a response, in the summer, honeycomb blinds “hold” the hot air entering through the window to keep it from leaking into your rooms. Additionally, this stop cooled interior air from escaping.
- In the winter, the same cells “hold” the cold air coming in via the window while keeping the hot air inside from escaping. According to estimates, correctly built honeycomb blinds may prevent up to 40% of heat from escaping through windows, which corresponds to a remarkable 20% reduction in energy costs.
Cellular blinds might be a little trickier to maintain properly than other window coverings that are durable and simple to wipe off. They can accumulate dust in the cells that provide them with all of their power, so you must be careful and specific about cleaning them when necessary.
The Bottom line:
Being such a unique and impressive addition to the window covering market, people often think, are honeycomb blinds out of style?
The answer is not that much complicated, Today’s design industry offers a wide variety of appealing window coverings that may dramatically alter the look of any space. While there are numerous options for homeowners and business owners to improve the appearance of their area, Honeycomb blinds are only one of them.
Here at Quality Blinds Dubai, we have design experts if you need help choosing the proper window treatments, whether you want honeycomb blinds or another type of window treatment. In the end, finding the ideal blinds may help you design the ideal space for your house or place of business.